Stop #9 in my 25-blogs blog tour, and today I scheduled to start sharing some of my best tips to writing blog posts faster. And, its a perfect follow up to Robins latest blog post Tips for Easier Blogging. The 5 tips shared are exactly things I recommend doing, but just with different terminology. Please follow through to the next stops to read the rest of my tips.
Tips To Write Blog Posts Faster
- Get rid of distractions. Turn off the Internet, Facebook and other social media on all your devices. Turn off the ringer on your phone. Tell your family that youre working. Shut your home office door, if you can. If necessary, find childcare and head to your library or coffee shop.
Im actually in the public library write now with my email shut down, phone on silent, in a quiet study room, and on my 2nd blog post which is making me 2-days ahead of schedule.
- Set aside a regular time to write. Are you a morning person or an evening person? You may want to set aside a slot at 9:30 am, when youre sharp and have that freshly brewed cup of coffee (or fresh green smoothie which I prefer) sitting on your desk after you dropped the kids off at school and the dog is fast asleep after his morning walk.
Or perhaps you are an evening person (by choice or necessity because of work or perhaps you homeschool.) Develop a nightly routine or schedule so that after you spend time with your family, that you excuse yourself to write and work.
Be sure to make that time slot regular and sacred. Over time youll be amazed at how easy it becomes to start writing creatively, once youve made it a daily habit.
I set aside time depending on my weekly schedule. If my girls have a mid-day class, my writing time is during that time. Otherwise, I do it first thing in the morning, or late at night. The point is, be flexible with yourself, but set a time nonetheless.
- Keep it short, sweet and simple. An ideal blog length should be about 350-500 words. (If you find yourself passing 750 words, youve got two or more ideas split them up or create a series of blog posts.) This may be difficult from pillar post writers like myself who typically writes 1000 – 1500 words per post. Thats why we recommend a nice mixture of both short and sweet and pillar posts.
Ive been blogging for over a decade, and Im notorious for Ponns pillar posts. As a trained freelance writer and author, I can bang out 500 words in less than 15 minutes, so I know Im an exception to the rule. I will share that writing 25-blog posts on top of my 12 posts/month on BloggerBabes.com — Im applying all my fast blog writing tips this month!
The above tips are an excerpt from our debut 21 Fast and Simple Tips to Write Blog Posts Faster Guide, one of seven documents in our comprehensive Blogger Monthly Tutorials launching on May 1st. Each tutorial eKit comes with a tutorial, 21 tips sheet, worksheet, calendar, worksheets, all our recommended tools and much more!
Click here to sign up for the Early Bird special release of $5 per month!
Win Two-Hours of Blog Coaching with Heidi and Ponn ($298 value)
Were crowdsourcing the name of our Monthly Training tutorials. So, we need your help!
Grand Prize: Two-Hours of Blog Coaching by Blogger Babes Co-Founders (Value $298)
- Two one-hour blog coaching sessions, one with Heidi and one with Ponn. Coaching will be conducted separately on the phone (domestic), Skype, or our recorded webinar room (international).
How to Enter:
- Make one comment below for each monthly subscription title you create. Make sure you use your primary email, so its easy for us to reach you if you win!
- Any age, any country. Minors with guardians permission.
- Unlimited number of entries across any/all guest blog posts from now until Monday, April 20, 2015.
- Deadline date: Monday, April 20, 2015 11:59 pm Pacific Time. [After all, we need time to design the covers. 😉 ]
- Winner selection: Heidi and I will select one winner and announce it Tuesday, April 21, 2015.
[Note: these actions do not serve as contest entries. Official entries must be made on this blogpost…but, wed love to connect with you nonetheless.]
- Check out our draft sales page now, take some time, and share your proposed title below in the comments area on or before April 20th 11:59 pm Pacific time. While youre there, sign up for our Early Bird release special!
- Follow the rest of my tour to meet new bloggers, “spy” on other creative title entries, and learn along with me. Here’s our blog tour schedule.
Cant wait to read your replies!
Ponn Sabra is a best-selling author and homeschool mom of three tween and teen daughters, also bestselling authors and probloggers [http://PonnSabra.com]. The Managing Partner of Blogger Babes, Ponn prefers the public library over local cafes for scheduled writing time. What are your favorite writing getaway spots?